The H Manoevure


Well at least this time we didn’t have to wait until we got into the final before we choked, this time the Protea’s managed to choke before we got anywhere near the Semi’s or the Finals, yet another tournament and yet another disappointment (and people have the cheek to call Bafana Bafana kak). I blame it all on “Graeme “he cant do anything wrong so must be bonking the selectors wives” Smith, he is not a captains ass and to me is about as inspiring as watching paint dry. But he alone cannot take the blame, selection processes are not up to scratch and we are not using the correct players. Yes I am another armchair critic and wannabee coach, but even I can see that there seems to be a problem and if I can see it then surely the “experts” must also have inkling that there is something not right. But will things change?…….. probably not as Smith and a few of the older players seem to have a charmed life and while not suited to a specific form of the game they are still used and to my mind the detriment of the team. Unfortunately money and not Pride is what drives sportsmen and women these days.

So the island dwellers now have a government, seems they did not want us to send Julius to help while they where deciding…….youngest PM in 200 years. Hopefully he will be able to solve the islands problems, as they seem to have many (brushed under the carpet by labour perhaps?)

Talking about Julius he is going to the army for two weeks (I know thank God for the navy) don’t know why but apparently the ANC think it would be good for him, I can imagine him coming out a Full General and having been awarded a string of medals for bravery (Hints of IDI AMIN) well he is called KIDI AMIN. Also seems the ANC youth League have decided on a new chant to ensure that they keep themselves in the headlines and that is “One Penis , One Condom” seems that now JZ has smacked naughty JM on the “bottie” the petulant Youth league no longer think that its Cool to have sex with a number of women and then just have a shower (fully supported JZ in his rape trail) Now all of a SUDDEN FEEL IT SHOULD BE ONE BOYFRIEND ONE GIRLFRIEND and discouraging multiple sex partners and they say its not aimed at JZ or the fact he had the temerity to take South Africa’s biggest comedian to task………..”Pull the other one its got bells on it”

Doug, my brother in law had his b/day on Thursday (happy birthday) and got a job on Friday, he has been out of work for a while so must be a relief to have work. Even gets a company car………. Talk about falling with your ass in the butter. Anyway now they can start saving up for their next trip to SA (seems to take not so long for people in the UK to have the money to travel, as they all seem to be doing it on a regular basis, people I know in the UK seem to be able to fly over to SA and back at a moments notice, and that’s with only temp jobs or what we would class here in SA as low paying jobs.

A report came out in the UK (so they researched the info) that a person from UK that takes trips overseas has more of a chance of being hospitalized in Greece, Thailand or Egypt that he/she does in SA…………..These two photos were sent to me with the heading “A tale of two cities”. The top picture taken in Lahore Pakistan, the other taken in Dewsbury, England "its a funny world innit"

On Friday I presented my first training course (She representatives), Vusi trainer/consultant with NOSA was in the class and had to see if I was competent and sign me off so that I can present his course by myself. The good news is that I was signed off (the first of many that I will have to attend and then present). I have put and presented 30-60 minute presentations together and have taught maths to 13 year old kids for a couple of months, but I have to say this was probably the hardest thing I have ever had to do in my life (and that includes winning the Weakest link). Nearly 6 hours of constant talking and having to think ahead, anyone who thinks its easy should give it a try, I have a new found respect for anyone who stands up for long periods in front of students or audiences and imparts their knowledge to others

When I was finished I felt like had run a marathon, I was physically and mentally drained, my feet and back where sore, my throat was sore (and for those that know me, I can talk the hind leg of a donkey), Wow what a rollercoaster ride. Vusi was great, he tactfully stepped in when I was straying and answered a couple of questions for me that I was not to sure of. As I said I have many more courses to be signed off on, and no one said this was going to be a walk in the park, but it will be worth the effort, I am also extremely fortunate to have a team behind me at NOSA PE that are the best, I cannot even begin to explain the vibe and support from the Boss to the ladies in admin and marketing…………’Thanks guys it means much more than I think you all realise and its highly appreciated” Did I learn from the process? “Hell yeah”, I know what I am good at, but know what I need to practice and ensure that I am 150% competent with. 1 down ……………many to go.

Becky (my niece) had her appendix removed on Saturday, seems they where the size of a small pork sausage, from all accounts she was very brave and is recovering well. Becky the hard part is over now enjoy everyone spoiling you.

You may renmember a few Blogs back me telling you about a neighbour that is the local Taxi Boss and his house was rided by a SAP Swat team, well he was shot dead on Friday night. not sure of all the details but "if you live by the sword you dies by the sword"

Sports for the weekend
Bulls lost
Stormers won
Sharks won their last game of the season ending season that was not what they would have hoped for at the beginning of the season
Cheetahs also ended on a high
Lions lost their 13th game in a row, a new SA and Super 14 record
Proteas chocked. And hopefully SA B team do not win the final.

Days are getting fewer for the start of the SWC…………….. In fact only 26 more sleeps and I cannot wait. PE it seems will be fine regards any security issues as the MEC for the Eastern Cape is a Muslim and she has already contacted her friends and they wont be sending Achmed or any other of his mates to disrupt the games here. Seems that with the fans will be a number of stunning female fans that will turn heads, here are two photos 1 of a Korean female fan and one of a Pommie female fan

EVER WONDER

Why the sun lightens our hair, but darkens our skin?

Why can't women put on mascara with their mouth closed?

Why don't you ever see the headline 'Psychic Wins Lottery'?

Why is 'abbreviated' such a long word?Why is it that doctors call what they do 'practice'?

Well that’s about for this week, have a great 17-23rd May
(But I leave you with these wise words from one of the best bands ever "Dont stop beleiving")

The Village Idiot

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...