Absence makes the heart grow fonder


Being away from family is not Lekker, I know married men sometimes yearn to be single again and live the life of a bachelor, however its usually when you do get to spend time away from your wife and children that you realise just how much you do actually love them and how without your spouse you are in fact only half of a whole. I think I tell my wife and daughter I Love them quite often, but I am going to try and tell them even more when I am back home. Guys I love you sooooooooooo much and only 10 more sleeps till I am back home.

I got to visit my folks in Gauteng this week as I had a meeting in Gauteng and they have moved ion to a 5 and a half acre plot that has 3 houses on it and stables, My sister and her husband as well as my niece and her fiancĂ© also live there. Must say it’s a great place and I know when Gabby goes up to visit she will be in her element as it has horse and a training ring. It’s the type of place I wish I could give my daughter as it would be the ideal lifestyle for her, but unfortunately I can’t and hopefully one day she will be able to do it for herself. I have written this before in one of my blogs, but I need to say it again. I am extremely lucky to have both parents as well as parents in law that not only love me, but I love them as well. Unfortunately not everyone has that luxury.

Tania’s sister, hubby and our new niece fly out from the Utopia of the UK on Monday to visit the poor relations in SA. Know that Tania is looking forward to seeing her sister and Amber. As is the rest of the Brewerton clan. Going to be a big Family Christmas with all of the Brewerton family together as well as Kirstens mom and dad and perhaps her sister and her family, pity my family cannot also be there, maybe in the future, who knows.

Mat an interesting guy at Friends on Saturday afternoon that was in SA with a couple of other Poms and a TV crew, they competed in a skydiving comp in Pretoria for a week and then have been travelling SA doing normal jumps and base jumps from certain landmarks and buildings in the country. Smudge (yeah that’s his name) is in the army and he was saying how much the UK has changed and how much they pander to other peoples and forget about the English. He cannot wait to finish his contract and probably move to SA. Smudge was saying that crime is getting out of hand in the big cities with the Russians and Albanians having no respect for life or property, so you see its not just SA.

Here is an e-mail I received regards Muslims in Australia and how they are starting to fight back against this almost weak knee approach to fundamentalists trying to force the Muslim way of life on the Western World.

Whole world Needs A Leader Like This!
Prime Minister Kevin Rudd - Australia Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday to get out of Australia , as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks.. Separately, Rudd angered some Australian Muslims on Wednesday by saying he supported spy agencies monitoring the nation's mosques. Quote: 'IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT. Take It Or Leave It. I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Bali , we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians. 'This culture has been developed over two centuries of struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom' 'We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese, Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society . Learn the language!' 'Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian, right wing, political push, but a fact, because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.' 'We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why. All we ask is that you accept ours, and live in harmony and peaceful enjoyment with us.' 'This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great Australian freedom, 'THE RIGHT TO LEAVE'.''If you aren't happy here then LEAVE. We didn't force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted.'
the Bay Horse saloon had its first Western style Brawl this weekend with the barman gettin his ass handed to him by a local business owner, rumours are the bar was also trashed , but this is Clarens so it could be 2 shooter glasses and a empty beer bottle that where broken. "The Brawl at the Bay Horse Saloon" sounds like a god name for a cowboy flick.


Well that’s about it for this week , a boring Blog I know, but don’t feel much like writing today, so have a great week ahead remember tell your loved ones that you Love them every day.

The Village idiot


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...