M .L. .C


Ever sat back and wondered “where the F%$k did my life go and what have I actually achieved? Well I did and to be very honest at nearly 50 years old I did not like what I saw, putting me into a 2 week “funk” that had me questioning why life had been so harsh to me, why had I been singled out as the 1 person in the world to lay this crap on, for the first time in my life I have started to realise that I am mortal and that I will die one day and a number of things that I want to achieve I have not, it also does not help that I am starting to feel my age and that my eyes are starting to deteriorate……It sucks.

First let me say that I did realize that I am blessed with an awesome wife and daughter as well as wonderful family (most of them like me) but when it came to where I was at this time in my life and what I wanted to be earning as a salary then I believed that I was so far of course that not even a compass will bring me back. Did that piss me off did it make me angry, Hell yes.

Makes me angry and frustrated because I really have only myself to blame for being in this position. I was not astute enough to realise that being in the hospitality industry as a mere worker ant and not as a business owner was only making other people rich and not myself. At my age I should be at the top of my career earning a decent salary having nearly or fully paid off my house and planning overseas trips with my wife and daughter, not counting every penny I am spending, dreading watching the news and reading the papers as there may be reference to price increases and new levies etc.

Made me angry because I believe that I have worked FRIKKEN hard in my life and that I am reasonably intelligent (I have written a book, and I won the weakest link) yet people that have not been as concentious regards work ethic as I in the workplace or are not as intelligent (well that’s a subjective opinion) or have not got the neccersarry qualifications yet can waltz into high paying jobs with company cars and all the perks…………”Its not fair” So for two weeks I let this eat away at me and make me angrier and angrier, affecting my family, my work and my health

I had two choices, go an buy a red sports car with a silicone filled accessory, or I could build a bridge and get over myself, must say the car and the accessory where tempting but reality kicked in a) I cant afford a Sports car and b) I cant afford a silicone filled accessory or the consequences when Tania catches me so I bought hammer , nails and a few bits of wood and got over it. That’s not to say I wont get depressed again in the future, but I have realised a number of things.

1) I have great family that Love me (well most of them) and will not let me fall to far
2) I have the ability to crawl back after climbing up the hill and then sliding down again
3) I have proven to myself and many others over the last few months that if you put your mind to anything you can achieve what you want
4) Those dreams that I have will come to fruition because of the above 3

So I have to become the best at what I do, I need to focus and ensure that I learn from past mistakes and remember that we cannot all be Rich, Pretty and Famous , some of us can only be Pretty.

So on the sporting side it would seem the Proteas have the measure of Zimbabwe, but must say “Bobs” Boys are doing ok and not allowing themselves to get a hiding. The Sharks pipped the Bulls yesterday in a close 16-12 semi final and WP “Klapped” the Cheetahs 31-7 in the other. So next weekend its Sharks vs WP at Newlands for the final and the last time the Sharks played WP in the final at Newlands they lost, so lets see what happens. The Bok tour to Europe is coming up with games against Ireland, Scotland, Wales, England and the Barbarians, My wish is and I really hope that our South African compatriots enjoy watching the Boks in their adopted country and enjoy dressing up like a South African for the day (and I truly mean that from the bottom of my heart.)

I was reading the other day that there are over 8 000 000 sex slaves in the world at present and its growing (many are also children).now that is shocking but was even more surprising is that during the slaving period 1502 - 1853 some 9 – 12 000 000 slaves landed in Foreign climes, this does not include those that died on way from villages, I holding cells, on ships on way to new land. While I am not saying that this number is trivial it actually pales into comparison with regards the amount of Slave trade that goes on in this modern era, and Slavery was abolished…………Really

Starting to find face book boring, or maybe its just the fact no send me messages? Will give it a while longer and make a decision if going to keep up with it or not, initially it was new and fun, but lately just find it “BLAH”

You see some weird stuff in PE, here are a couple of photos, The snail may look small but it was the size of half a brick, “Seriaaaaaaas”.

I am of the belief that future babies born in this world will be born with a cell phone in their hands and mixiting their new mates who have also just been born, my daughter never seems to have the phone out of her hand and is not just mixiting 1 friend but a number of friends at the same time, this is while she is eating supper, watching a DVD and using face book. When I was a kid , face book was when you fell asleep reading Treasure island and the book fell on your face, mixiting was when you helped Grandma mix the batter or the icing for the cake she was about to make because she had sent a letter 3 weeks ago to friends who had replied and Gran had received the letter in the post the day before to say that they would indeed like to visit and have a natter over cake and tea (Very spontaneous in those days).

As kids you where allowed to ‘If you where lucky” allowed to make a call on the phone once a year (usually on your birthday) and even the to dial the number you needed forearms like Arnold or Sly and fingers that could take the pressure of dailing the numbers, later on if you where really fancy you had a tough button phone (so futuristic)

Spoke to me mate Meatbomb today, always good to have a chat to Mark, he is doing great and really enjoying the challenges that The Brewery is sending his way. Jeanelle is also ecstatic because the Sharks are in the final, hopefully next week she is still smiling.

well here are a couple of funnies for you and then its away with me for another week, keep safe and be good.


Paraprosdokian/sentences

A paraprosdokian is a figure of speech in which the latter part of a sentence or phrase is surprising or unexpected in a way that causes the reader or listener to reframe or reinterpret the first part. It is frequently used for humorous or dramatic effect.

1) Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
2) War does not determine who is right -- only who is left.
3) Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
4) A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. My desk is a work station.
5) Dolphins are so smart that within a few weeks of captivity, they can train people to stand on the very edge of the pool and throw them fish
6) I always take life with a grain of salt... plus a slice of lemon... and a shot of tequila.
7) You're never too old to learn something stupid

S.P.A.D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...