"JA Well No FINE"


Two weeks ago I had to go to Mossel Bay to do an assessors course, the good news is that I was found competent the bad news is that I received a R400 fine in the post (not even in the post delivered to the house nogal) for doing 87 in a 60 zone. If you go over the provincial borders between Eastern and Western Cape the speed limit goes from 120 kms per hour to 100, 80, 60 80, 60, 120, 80, 60 ,100 you spend more time looking for speed limit signs than road conditions. So somewhere outside of Plettenberg bay I heinously broke the law and they have caught me, suppose its easier to police this than the people I passed talking on cell phones while eating a sandwich or vehicles that use pliers for steering systems and have no fixed abode. I will write a letter to whoever I have to and see if they can’t give me a reduction.


I know we are having water shortages in PE due to the drought but things have not got this bad just yet.

On the news last night (Saturday 14) they had a story of a son who buried his dad in the back lawn of his upmarket Houghton home in Gauteng 5 months ago. I am not sure how the Police found out that he was buried there, but the deceased persons son apparently did it, because in his own words he said he panicked and buried his dad because he did not want to tell the police………..Now the son is not 6 years old, he is about in his thirties so the dude is either a complete Moron or he had something to do with his dads death. Surely if your ad dies you tell family and friends and know that at the very least you should report that death to the authorities……Very strange, I am sure the truth will come out in the following weeks.

Talking about burying someone in the back garden, the cat that killed Snowball is still causing kak and attempts to catch him have been futile, this cat is a combination of Rambo and the Terminator, he even beats the snot out of dogs in the neighbourhood. SPCA can’t help, I have to catch him and bring him in (they don’t have cages for catching animals, can you believe that?) Anyway he is now testing my patience and hopefully we can catch him prior to our trip to Clarens otherwise when we get back we may have no other cats.

Meatbomb sent me a parcel from Clarens, when Tania went to collect it the staff at the PO where laughing at the parcel itself, (see for yourself) they wanted to know who was the VI and who was MB and why called that. Nice one MB. Got a Vrystaat with info about my book and a lekker Old Stone Bottle store Cap and a Millers Camera bag…….Thanks Mark can’t wait to se you at month end.

I do not think that I have ever worked or studied so hard in my life than I have since I joined NOSA as a trainee at the end of April….Not that I am complaining as my two brain cells are really getting a workout and I am learning so much and better yet enjoying the challenge. I had a student on a course this week that at 25 is looking to change careers and is worried, I said to him don’t worry Bro I am 48 and this is a new career change for me as well, If I can do it then you can. Hopefully I will be offered a permanent post at end of October. Must say I really enjoy working with the people that I do, Theuns my boss is perhaps the best boss I have had and is an awesome leader, who knows how to get the best out of his staff, Michael my Office manager is also a fantastic guy and has so much experience, must say I am a tad worried about next week as he is “hopefully going to sign me off” o a 3 day course “She Rep function” so I am studying like crazy to prepare myself and ensure that I don’t let the team down. All the other staff from admin to facilitators are all so supportive and willing to help to ensure that you can be the best at what you do. “Thanks guys for all that you have done to make me feel part of the team”.

Spring Is on its way with Summer not far behind, have to say compared to Clarens winters P E has been very mild and apart from a couple of days of coldish weather it really has not been that bad, with days that you are able to wear shorts and t shirts. Rain is still scarce so that is still a problem. Can’t wait for the longer days as want to start snorkelling again and hopefully get the wave ski up and running so I can get some exercise with that as well. I don’t like getting up in the dark not lekker and here it’s only dark mid winter just after 5pm. I cant even imagine being in the dark like the UK over winter, must really take it out of you, I mean how can you be happy if you don’t see the sun, maybe that’s why when you see photos of friends and family who live in paradise always look so tired and haggard, look like they have aged rapidly

This who read last weeks Blog may have noticed I am a bit peed off with those other islanders the Kiwi’s and a reader in the UK who is so happy that I am leaving them alone for a while sent me this info about crime rate per capita (Thanks Alan, enjoy the Spain holiday)

New Zealand is seen as a safe place for tourists to visit. This is a bit of an illusion, most likely due to its relatively low population, as its Total crime rate per capita is actually the second highest in the world - second only to Dominica. Its actual crime rate is 105.881 crimes per 1,000 people. Some comparisons are listed below:
United Kingdom: 85.5517 per 1,000 people
USA: 80.0645 per 1,000 people
Switzerland: 36.1864 per 1,000 people
Russia: 20.5855 per 1,000 people
India: 1.63352 per 1,000 people




Seems that the BLOG I posted about TAPS is not the only story, Kirsten(my sister in law) did some research of her own and this is the e-mail that I received from her

Hi Steve,
I was interested after reading your BLOG and Googled “history tradition of TAPS” The first site was the above. The guy calls himself a History Buff and says the same version you found is actually a myth. I don’t know which is true, but perhaps for your own interest you might want to take a look at this site too.

The site is http://www.tapsbugler.com/index. the site is very interesting and comes up with 4 theories on the history of taps, most leaning towards it being a better less formal bugle call for lights out. Anyway always great to read different versions of events in history. "Thanks Kirsten."

Gabby has again been very busy with friends and activities this weekend, hectic social life that she has, must say i am very proud of how she has fitted in here and she has some really nice friends as well. "Love you Gabby"


Well that’s about this week other than to say Well Done Bafana Bafana for your 1-0 win over Ghana (remember they played in the Q finals of the recent SWC) so it was a great achievement.

So have a great day, have a great week and be good

Ciao

The Village Idiot (without a village)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...